MEGA DOOR TERMS OF SERVICE
Door installation notice
- Do not install your door without reading these instructions.
- Inspect doors for noticeable defects. Do not hang Doors with defects. Report to supplier.
- In order for MEGADOORS to warrant and GUARANTEES all installation instructions must be follower carefully.
- All doors are FRONT ENTRANCE Doors and we cannot be liable for any damage if used as boundary gate. (Pty) Ltd
Handling, Storage & Hanging of Doors:
- Handle carefully to avoid and damage.
- Doors must be stored flat on a level surface in a dry, well ventilated building.
- Doors stored on a JOB SITE must be sealed with an effective quality sealer in order to prevent undue moisture absorption. Containers are not suitable storage facilities.
- Products should not be stored or fitted in a building until all wet trades are finished and dried out.
- Immediately after cutting and fitting (BEFORE HANGING) seal all cut surfaces, ends and sides of doors including “cut outs” locks etc with an effective quality sealer.
- If the door needs trimming remember to reduce equally on both sides, or top to bottom. Do not trim more than 5mm off each side.
- Mortice locks fitted at midrail joint can result in removal of one or more dowels, so weakening the joint and the possible cause of warping & twisting.
- Mortice lock cavity should be kept to minimize size and not fitted at rail joint.
- Stain alone is not sufficient to seal a solid timber rood. A coating is needed for complete protection.
- The use of dark coloured paint or stain “niches on external doors, particularly if located on the North or North West elevation of a building, will result in high surface temperature and can increase the risk of distortion and resin exudation.
- Timber is a natural grown product, subject to changes due to variations of humidity and temperature. We try to ensure that the timber has been prepared to make it suitable. It is obvious we cannot know all the circumstances surrounding every situation in which our products are stored and installed.
Sealing, Finishing recommendation & Best Results
- All Doors must be sealed on all 6 sides.
- At least 3 coats of recommended sealer should be applied within 24 hours of one another. Allow each coat to dry thoroughly before applying the next.
- This must be done before the door is exposed to the elements.
- Before applying 1st coat, sand entire door surface with fine sane paper. Clean thoroughly with a cloth after sanding. This will remove all fingerprints, dust and handling marks.
- Apply paint with the door laying flat.
- Apply at least 1 coat of primer.
- Apply 1 coat of undercoat.
- Apply 2 top coats.
- Only top quality paint should be used.
- Timber doors must be maintained by client and resealed at least 6 monthly, dependent upon the exposure to the elements to prevent breakdown of paint film and so protect the fibre from deterioration.
- It is vital that the “end:” grain is completely protected as this is where moisture can most easily penetrate causing swelling, splitting and warping.
We cannot therefore give any guarantee against shrinkage, warping or splitting
- Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 6mm in the plane of the door itself. Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the frame in which it is hung.
- The term “WARP” includes bow, cup and twist. In measuring the amount of warp present in the door, the following method should be used.
- Place a straight edge, taut wire or string on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle position. The measurement shall be made at the maximum distance between the bottom of the straight – edge, taut wire or string and the face of the door. SABS warpage tolerance spec: 3mm on 1 metre and 6mm across the door.
Handling, storage & hanging of doors please note sealing, finishing recommendation & best results.
In order for your door Purchase to meet with the CPA (consumer protection act) conditions, please adhere to the following:
- Please check door for any defects before installation – ’96 report any defects to the supplier immediately.
- Do not hang door with defects – ’96 scratches, dents, a bow or warp, or veneer lifting / delaminating.
- Ensure that the carpenter doing the installation is qualified / accredited.
- After checking, proceed with undercoating or apply first coat of varnish or timber sealer to all six sides after the food has been sized (cut and plained to suit the frame).
- Before the door is finally fitted and/or sized – ’96 make sure all six sides of the door are maintained, varnished or sealed.
- The above points must be strictly adhered to as wood is a natural product and will be affected by moisture, condensation, humidity and water.
- Please adhere to the Suppliers Door Installation Notice.